TensarTech® TW1® Wall System
- Modular block faced reinforced soil retaining wall system – designed and supplied from a single reliable source
- BBA certified and rigorously tested for stability, durability and load bearing capacity
- Aesthetically versatile capable of accommodating curves and other design requirements
- Smooth and split-face block options available in a choice of colours
- High strength connection to permanently support the face - even under severe dynamic loading
The TensarTech TW1 Wall System delivers substantial savings, as well as long-term durability and architectural versatility, compared to other retaining wall construction methods.
The system is comprised of a pre-cast concrete modular block facing, securely connected to Tensar uniaxial geogrids which reinforce the soil behind, to create a stable structure with up to 120 year design life.
The TW1 concrete facing blocks, which form an 86° face angle, are simply dry-laid. No propping of the face is required. No cranes are required for construction: the weight of the standard 150mm high block is suitable for manual handling. Their block geometry allows corners, curves, stairs and other features to be incorporated easily, with a variety of colours available.
The TensarTech TW1 System includes advice, training and services from Tensar’s design and on-site teams, as well as three specific products. These are Tensar uniaxial geogrids (high density polyethylene with extremely high durability and no corrosion potential), TW1 modular blocks (high strength, durable factory produced pre-cast concrete blocks) and Tensar TW1 connector – for high strength connection between blocks and geogrid reinforcement.