- Mesh faced reinforced soil retaining wall system
- Ideally suited for permanent thrust relief structures
- Lower cost option for temporary retaining walls and bridge abutments
- Easily dismantled after function complete
- Soil reinforcement geogrids certified by British Board of Agrément (BBA) for 120-year design life
The TensarTech TR2 system has been developed for the construction of temporary earth retaining structures which are quick and straightforward to build, with face angles between 60° and vertical, as well as for use as permanent hidden thrust relief structures. For temporary and hidden applications, aesthetics takes an acceptably lower priority than achieving lower construction costs compared to other reinforced soil systems and major cost savings compared to alternative retaining wall methods.
The TensarTech TR2 system is comprised of steel mesh face units - lined with durable, heavy duty geotextile - securely connected to Tensar uniaxial geogrid soil reinforcement via Tensar’s highly effective bodkin connection joint. There is no requirement for an external face support or formwork, owing to the rigid steel mesh face being braced internally and held in place by the geogrid and fill material during construction.