Tensar Uniaxial (UX RE) Geogrids
- Ideal for wall and slope applications
- Most advanced geosynthetic made for soil reinforcement
- Made from select grades of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) resins
- Highly oriented and resist elongation (creep) from high tensile loads
- Resistant to installation damage and chemical or biological long-term degradation
Tensar uniaxial geogrids can carry high tensile loads applied in one direction (along the roll length). Their open aperture structure interlocks with fill material, to provide superior load transfer from the soil to the geogrid.
Tensar RE uniaxial geogrids achieve their strength by punching and drawing a homogenous polymer sheet to provide a uniform, consistent product that does not require weaving, coating or welding to maintain the product’s integrity. This unique process provides superior junction strength, allowing high strength connections to other rolls of geogrid or facing components.
Manufactured to rigorous, certified Quality Management systems (by BBA and others), Tensar uniaxial geogrids offer 120-year design life and strengths, and partial factors, outstanding chemical resistance and strong junctions, which allow high efficiency site joints and connections. Available in a range of design strengths, they are designed to interlock with soil and fill materials and are easy to handle and install.