GOT A QUESTION?
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. If you’d like more specific queries answered, simply contact our Highways Team on 01254 266 844.
What sort of benefits can I expect from Tensar Road Technology?
In their simplest terms:
- Cost savings – around 30% on average (although up to 75% has been reported on specific projects)
- Reduced site resources – in terms of labour, plant and health & safety
- Time savings – this is much quicker than traditional methods
- Indemnification – so you can be sure you’re taking minimal risks
- Independently proven – case study and research evidence
- Endorsed method – so you have the reassurance to specify
- Environmental – Tensar Road Technology means less plant, fewer delivery miles and a cleaner site
- Whole life savings through reduced maintenance
Download the Tensar Road Technology Brochure
What’s Construction 2025, and how does Tensar Road Technology help meet it?
In 2013, the Government recognised the importance of construction to the long-term success of the British economy by publishing the Construction 2025 strategy, setting out its long-term vision for ‘how industry and Government will work together to put Britain at the forefront of global construction’.
The strategy set out ambitious targets for the industry to meet by 2025:
- 33% lower costs – reducing both initial cost of construction and whole life cost of assets
- 50% faster delivery – reducing overall time from inception to completion for new build and refurbished assets
- 50% lower emissions – reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the built environment
- 50% improvement in exports – reducing the trade gap between total exports and total imports for construction products and materials
These ambitious targets won’t be met by continuing to do what we’ve always done. A step change in thinking is needed, a different way of looking at every project to achieve true value-engineering. Which is exactly the approach Tensar Road Technology takes.
Download Tensar Construction 2025 flyer
I think of Tensar as being for stabilising soft ground. Is Tensar Road Technology a new thing?
The systems themselves have been around for some years, and are well-proven through many highways projects across the world. Tensar Road Technology simply brings all our highways specialities together into one value-engineered solution.