Improve practicality, productivity and operating costs with Tensar Technology
The mining industry depends on solutions that meet safety and practicality requirements while reducing costs. And that’s exactly what Tensar Technology offers, with lightweight, easy-to-handle products that are quick to install and outperform conventional alternatives. Tensar has the answer for both surface and sub-surface operations.
Underground mining applications
Tensar’s range of Mining Systems covers a wide range of underground mine and tunnel applications, including:
Surface mining applications
Surface mining operations also have many areas that can benefit from Tensar systems:
- Haul roads – Tensar TriAx geogrids improve the performance of unpaved haul roads and extends service life, also reducing spillage and vehicle maintenance
- Working platforms – over weak subgrades, Tensar’s geogrids can be an economical way to increase bearing capacity
- Dump and head walls – needing to carry heavy loads and repeated traffic, TensarTech Earth Retaining Systems also enable the use of locally won materials, such as colliery spoil
- Heap leaching – extracting valuable metals this way puts very high loads on collector pipes. Introducing Tensar TriAx geogrids can confine particles between the pipes, increasing bearing capacity of the ore to better support the heavy equipment
- Waste de-watering – Tensar’s geotextile tubes can separate and contain even fine-grain materials, and can provide significant advantages over conventional tube systems
- Capping of tailings lagoons – geogrids enable the safe placement and compaction of fill which can accelerate consolidation and re-use
- Erosion protection – Tensar’s systems can be an extremely effective solution for the retention of topsoil in reclamation works
Reducing time, construction costs and CO2 emissions
Being lightweight, easy to handle and quick to install, Tensar products can have significant benefits in time and cost. And with fewer vehicle movements together with greater use of site-won material, construction CO2 emissions can be reduced by up to 50% (compared with an unreinforced design).
Tensar has the mining know-how
Tensar has a wealth of experience in mining operations worldwide. The Tensar Mining Brochure can be downloaded here and a full range of case studies is available. Simply use the links at the top of the page to find out more. We can also provide everything from simple advice to full design and installation support, whatever the application and environment.
Easy to handle and install
Reduces time and construction costs
Reduce site CO2 emissions
Can provide significant advantages over conventional alternatives